Improving the inefficiencies and adding efficiencies to your home's heating and cooling systems can reduce your heating and cooling costs from 15% to as much as 60% (depending on large part to the age and original condition/improvements made to your home).
Here are some tips on how to achieve efficiencies in your home resulting in lower utility bills and less waste of our planet's limited resources.
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Have your heating/cooling systems tuned
- Reduce leakage through exhaust systems
- Address inefficiencies of recessed/pot lighting
- Adjust airflow of ducting in the winter and summer
- Seal heating and cooling ductwork
- Reduce/eliminate leakage
- Add insulation to exterior barriers
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage