This great news, originally shared by fellow active rain blogger and Darien, CT Realtor David Popoff, shows that being "green" can not only be good for mother earth, but also good for your pocketbook =)
Looking to buy or sell "green" property in Conneticut, call David Popoff! If you want to leave a comment for David, click on the link below.
Looking to buy or sell "green" housing or for help in making your home in Orangeville, Angus, Alliston, Beeton, Tottenham or Cookstown "greener", call me, Chris Smith @ 1.866.936.3500 for assistance.
Sustainable ‘Green’ Homes Grab Higher Resale Prices, More Real Estate Recovery.
Buyers are getting smarter and are looking at the whole home package when purchasing homes. With studies showing that green sustainable homes can sell for more than non-green standard built homes. Updated and new homes with green features will help the real estate recovery, providing a healthier, less maintenance, energy efficient home to buyers.
The Earth Advantage Institute in Portland, Oregon reports that green certified new homes sold on average eight percent more than non certified green homes. Earth Advantage analyzed sales data yearly for the past four years from the Portland Regional MLS.
The study found that existing homes with sustainable green outfits to sell an average of 30 percent more. The green certifications on homes in the study were from EnergyStar, LEED for Homes, EarthAdvantage and EarthAdvantage/EnergyStar combination.
In Atlanta a green certified study found that in 2010 certified homes spent an average of 97 days on the market verses 123 days for traditionally built homes. The homes were certified by EarthCraft House, LEED for Homes and EnergyStar.
Source: ~ Daily Real Estate News
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A resident of Fairfield County for over 40 years with 30 years of work experience throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Member of the Darien MLS, Greenwich MLS & Greater Fairfield County, Ct MLS.
- NAR Green designee.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in lower Fairfield County, Connecticut.
Tweet this post
~ David A. Popoff ~ Licensed Connecticut Realtor ~ LEED AP Homes accredited ~ Cell (203) 228-0646 ~
click on logo to go to website
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage