Reduce your Fuel Consumption today. You don't have to by a new Fuel Cell, Electric or Hybrid Car to reduce fuel consumption. Making small changes in your driving habits can make a huge difference.
Here are some easy to apply tips that will reduce fuel consumption, Save Our Planet, and save you some money at the same time:
5) Remove that junk from your trunk - removing excess weight from your car will reduce your fuel consumption
4) Check Your Tire Pressure - Natural Resources Canada says that just one under-inflated tire can reduce your mileage by as much as 4%. Need new tires? Consider one of the many low rolling resistance tires currently marketed!
3) Turn off that Air Conditioner - When not needed, turn off the Air!!! At lower speeds (below about 60 km/hr or about 35 mph), open a window. At greater speeds the increase in wind resistance might outweigh any fuel savings created by turning off the air. Many times, we just leave the Air Conditioner on permanently. Do we need it earlier in the day or later in the evening? Think about it...
2) Adjust your Driving Habits - Slow Down, Accelerate more evenly and more slowly from a stop, Look ahead and coast into a red light or stop sign rather than accelerate and then break, whenever possible try not to accelerate up hills... Just modifying your driving habits can reduce your fuel consumption by more than TWENTY PER CENT!!! (of course, this depends on how you drive right now)
1) Plan your trips and Drive Less - Postpone a trip and Combine trips, car pool if possible, consider other, more environmentally friendly forms of transportation. Challenge yourself to reduce the kilometres/miles you drive.
Making one of more of these small changes in your driving habits will save you money, will reduce the fuel you consume, and will Help Save Our Planet!
Once you start on this journey, many more opportunities to Help Save Our Planet will appear! Start by reducing your fuel consumption today!
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage