Peter and Linda Pfann, pfanntastic realtors from Victoria BC and fellow Active Rain Bloggers recently shared this Home Maintenance Checklist for the month of July with us. You might find checklists handy reminders of annual tasks that might otherwise get overlooked...
Home Maintenance Checklist for July.
July offers many distractions and opportunities to have all kinds of Pfunn....
However, please allocate a few hours here or there, and complete the items on the Home Maintenance Checklist for July, once done you will be happy you did.
To keep ongoing home and property maintenance manageable Peter and Linda Pfann have created a short list of suggestions each month as a reminder.
You will find that completing these easy to follow suggestions, will avoid more extensive and expensive repairs in the long run.
- Check the Attic,
- Check for leaks,
- Check the amount and even distribution of insulation (add if needed),
- Check for insects, rodents, raccoons, squirrels, etc.
- Check for proper ventilation, it will help in keeping the house cool and extends the life of your roof.
- Check the Basement,
- Air out Damp Basements on dry days or use dehumidifier.
- Check for wetness or damp spots, (if found check drains and get fixed during the dry season).
- Check Floor drains, and replenish if needed (this avoids nasty smells).
- Check Furnace and or Air Exchangers Filters, and replace if needed (have System Serviced every 2 years).
- Check Home Exterior,
- Trim Shrubbery around house and walls (this reduces fire hazards, and insect infestations).
- Check for Flaking Paint, Deteriorating Brick, Mortar, Caulking, Weatherstripping, Warping or Rotting Wood (paint, repair, or replace if needed).
- Check the Plumbing
- Check Washers, and replace if faucets are dripping.
- Look for signs of moisture around and under sinks, vanities, showers, tubs, toilets etc. (fixing excessive moisture issues early on will avoid major repair bills later).
- Check Security Measures
- during the Summer, it is important to maintain proper home and personal security (preventive) measures.
- check lights, visibility avoid dark spots around the house.
- check locks, window catches, security screens or grids,
- Maintain and practice good security measures for the entire family at home and around town.
To complete this entire Home Maintenance Checklist for July will take less than one day or a few hours each day during one weekend.
If you do not want to climb on ladders or feel uncomfortable completing some or all of these tasks, please talk to Peter and Linda Pfann,
we have a number of resources that will ensure that you home and yourself are well cared for any time of the year.
With this Home Maintenance Checklist for July , the work does not have to feel or be a chore, so we hope you have a little Pfunn with it, make it a family project and share the load.
Before you know it, you will be enjoying the fruits of your labour, and will have saved lots of money, time and frustration.
In case you missed last months Home Maintenance Tips, please catch up here now, before your Home Maintenance becomes a big job.
If you wonder what tools you may need, Here is a link to our Home Maintenance Basic Tool Kit.
Home Maintenance Checklist for July
Please let us know how we can be of Service to you.
Kind Regards, and Live a Pfanntastic Life
Peter & Linda Pfann,
MBA, ABR, SRES, E-Pro, CSA, Associate Broker & Realtors
"Pfanntastic Homes, Old Fashion Service, Since 1986."
Real Estate Consultants & Associate Broker at;
Cornerstone Properties Ltd.
# 106 - 1001 Cloverdale Ave.
Victoria BC, V8X 4C9
Direct: 1(250) 213 - 9490
Direct Fax: 1(250) 412 - 6530
Victoria Real Estate Market Snapshot : www.victoriasnapshot.com
Subscribe to our Blog : Pfanntastic Victoria Real Estate Blog
Oh, By The Way ...Talk To Peter or Linda, if you know anyone who would appreciate our Pfanntastic Services.
Scan me with your smartphone to bookmark
our mobile website at http://victoriahomes.realbird.com
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage