The Millpond Arts Group started Arts on Main seven years ago to continue the Youth Arts by the River program as part of the Festival of the Arts.
The festival has grown to include the works of seventy visual artists displayed in participating storefronts on the Main Streets of Alliston, Beeton and Tottenham for a period of four weeks.
- May 28th to June 11th, 2011 - Youth Arts by the River - two and three dimensional art by young people preschool to Grade twelve will be available for viewing at the Millpond Centre, 106 Victoria Street, Alliston from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- May 28th, 2011 - Beeton's Honey and Garden Festival - Artwork will be available to view in storefront windows; Artist and Artisan Marketplace; Musical performers: Fiddlestix, Kate Mior, and Mime
- June 2nd, 2011 - Cookstown - The Cookstown Antique Barn; The 400 Market; The Radical Rooster Super Barn Store; Cookstown library will have Artwork, musicians and a local guest author. Guided Shopping trip with Lunch and light dinner to be provided followed by an adult comedy "Beyond Therapy" by Christopher Durang. Register at the South Simcoe Arts Council Office if you would like to participate. South Simcoe Arts Council is located on the Third Floor of the Gibson Centre, 63 Tupper St W, Alliston, ON L9R 1E4, phone 705.435.2378
- June 4th, 2011 - Kick-off of the Tottenham Blue Grass Festival at Four Corners featureing Blue Grass Bands and Blue Grass Themed displays
- June 11th, 2011 - Alliston - Millpond Centre, 106 Victoria Street, Alliston - Guest Author Sharon Jennings, Youth Arts by the River Awards Ceremony, Artwork on display Battle of the Brushes at the Artisan's Marketplace on Mill Street. Want to register for the Artisan's Marketplace in Beeton or Alliston? registration information available here. Live in the GTA or South Central Ontario and want to participate in the Battle of the Brushes? Registration information available here
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage