The Gibson Centre, Alliston,
63 Tupper Street West,
Alliston, ON L9R 1E4
was built in 1889 by the Mercer Manufacturing Company to manufacture farm machinery and was built to the south of the town of Alliston. It was constructed using local virgin timber and local brick in the second empire style, similar to Canada's Parliament buildings.
Bought by the Gibson's, a local family and owners of Gibson Transport, in the 1960's, Leonard and Bing Gibson donated this building and one acre of land to the community for $1 on July 1st, 2001.
It is currently run as the non-profit Gibson Cultural Centre Corporation
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage