David Popoff, an Active Rain Blogger who is passionate about going "green", shared these great tips to help us do more to save our planet, and perhaps some money. Ensure you leave a better planet for your children and grandchildren by adopting as many of these tips as you can!
Are you looking to buy and/or sell a home in the New Tecumseth communities of Alliston, Beeton or Tottenham (or surrounding rural areas)? If so, call me, Chris Smith, @ 1.866.936.3500 for information and assistance in achieving your Real Estate Goals.
If you would like to read more posts by David, or to leave him a comment, please click on his link below:
30 Simple Green Tips for the New Year 2012.
Here are 30 simple and easy ways to be environmentally conscious that you can incorporate into your daily routine. The majorities of them are very inexpensive and could actually save you money over time. Once you have started you will see how simple they are and will just become common sense habits. Please share your experience with friends.
2. Keep live plants nearby be it a cactus or leafy to freshen the air.
3. Set up recycle center in your house and office for composting, paper, bottles & cans
4. Conserve water, turn off water when washing dishes, shaving and brushing teeth.
5. Use a snow shovel instead of a gas snow blower.
6. Recycle used CFL bulbs to local home improvement centers.
7. Plan car trips (have tires at proper inflation) to reduce repeated trips, carpool, use public transport, bike or walk.
8. Read books, newspapers on line, send e-mail cards
9. Use reusable bags instead of plastic throw always.
10. Use Earth friendly de-icier instead of salt which could kill grass and plants.
11. Share magazine subscriptions and recycle books
12. Reuse as much as possible, recycling is awesome, reusing is better.
13. Bring a useable cup for coffee to go, have reusable water bottles.
14. Donate used old towels to animal shelters.
15. Use master switches to turn off entertainment systems and home offices. Surge protector with on/off switch work great.
16. Use major appliances during off peak hours.
17. Lower temperature on hot water heater to 120 Fahrenheit.
18. Recycle electronics, cell phones, computers, TV’s, etc.
19. Use Tupperware and reusable containers when bringing lunch to work.
20. Compost, even old coffee grinds work great for indoor and outdoor plants.
21. Buy post consumer recycled paper products.
22. Wash clothes in cold water.
23. Install programmable thermostats and lower thermostat temperature a few degrees in winter and raise it a few degrees in summer.
24. Change bulbs to CFL or LED’s.
25. Buy locally, visit farmer’s markets.
26. Put holiday lights on a timer.
27. Pay bills on line, remove your name from paper mailing catalogs, and reduce mail.
28. Plug home air leaks, use weather stripping, foam and caulk holes, cracks and door swepts.
29. Replace filters on A/C, boilers and furnaces.
30. Share your experience & knowledge about ‘green’ at work, holiday gatherings, with friends & family.
To read more articles from back yard gardens to building sustainable homes go to http://greentips.greenboardcoop.com/
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.
Tweet this post
~ David A. Popoff ~ Licensed Connecticut Realtor ~ LEED AP Homes accredited ~ Cell (203) 228-0646 ~
click on logo to go to website
Chris Smith CSSBB
Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage